bobcatburma2 posted an update 1 week ago
Turn on the tv on any day of the week and you will soon come across amateur and professional chefs around the world milling, stirring and seasoning on ratings winners such as America’s Test Kitchen, The Great British Bake Away and MasterChef: Australia.
Interest in cookery has soared and so, consequently, have earnings of kitchenware. Silicone goods, in particular, have seen a massive rise. Watch any chef on TV and it will not be long until you see him or her creating an excellent dish with the assistance of silicone baking pans, sheets and mats, spatulas and molds.
With popular TV shows promoting silicone kitchenware, it’s no surprise that home cooks are currently purchasing these products in ever-increasing numbers. The world-famous John Lewis department store in London, by way of example, announced at the end of 2012 that its earnings of saline bake-ware increased by 126 per cent year on year.
But what is it all about this product that’s quickly which makes it a must-have at the kitchen?
1. Silicone is a non-toxic substance, meaning that food will not find baked on. This makes silicone bake-ware very easy to wash saving you time and a lot of elbow grease! Silicone baking mats can be used together with baking sheets and cookie sheets, or within baking pans, which makes your non-silicone bake-ware completely non-stick.
2. Silicone can handle cold and heat. Whether or not you would like to store food in the freezer or cook in the oven, silicone is perfect for the job.
3. Silicone conducts heat very slowly, so utensils remain cool even in a hot saucepan and kitchen tops and surfaces won’t suffer burn marks. When silicone mats are created to add fibreglass net they provide a much heat transport, the fibreglass mesh and silicone work together to boost even baking and browning.
4. Silicone does not degrade over time and will not rust or stain. If made from premium excellent silicone your bake-ware may be used thousands of times.
5. Silicone is quite flexible so it could be folded or squeezed into tight storage spaces. Additionally,
Silicone baking sheet makes the removal of cakes and desserts out of silicone bake-ware very simple.
6. Silicone is a soft material and its utensils will not scratch or damage non-stick pans.
7. A silicone skillet may be used over 2000 times so there is no need to purchase parchment paper along with other disposable linings/sheets. The environment will thank you!
Now that we have established the many reasons why silicone is so popular let’s look at the security issue – silicone is manmade after all and for food preparation purposes it’s going to be utilized for making something that you will place in your mouth!